REMINDER: Academies closed for the Half-Term Break10 February 2022
COVID-19 restrictions removed2 March 2022
On Saturday 12 March 2022, we are expecting in excess of 300 competitors from the UK and the rest of the World to The Warrior Open, ITF Taekwon-Do Championship in Harrow, London. Accompanied by their coaches, friends and family, it will be a very busy day!
Our expert team of Umpires and Referees take care of the technical aspects of the tournament such as officiating, but it’s our incredible team of Volunteers who play such a vital role in making sure that the day runs smoothly and it’s an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
Would you like to join the team and help out?
No technical experience is required, so you don’t need to do or have ever done Taekwon-Do, and you will receive full training and support from our Organising Committee.
All the tasks you’ll be asked to help with will be simple, but essential. They will help the competitors to know where they need to be and when, so they can focus on the most important thing, which is performing to the best of their ability.
[su_button url=”https://nfltemd22jc.typeform.com/TWO22Volunteer” target=”blank” background=”#F64E40″ size=”8″ radius=”10″]I’M INTERESTED![/su_button]
These are the types of things that our Volunteers are needed for:
- Event set-up and take-down: Assistance with preparing Byron Hall for The Warrior Open, on Friday 11 March and clearing up after the event on Saturday March 12.
- Meet & Greet: We will need bright, smiling faces to greet our competitors and spectators and direct them to the correct areas.
- Competitor Registration: All competitors will need to have their height or weight checked (based on age) on registration to ensure they have been entered into the correct division. The organising committee will require help with this process.
- Ring Assignments: On a busy day, competitors can find it confusing to know where to go. Volunteers will be placed around the venue, to help direct people to where they need to be.
- Ring Management: Once a particular event starts, we need to ensure that competitors remain present throughout and are ready to compete when they need to be.
- Runners: Distributing information to the Umpires on the rings, such as draws & competitor listings for divisions, results and general announcements.
[su_button url=”https://nfltemd22jc.typeform.com/TWO22Volunteer” target=”blank” background=”#F64E40″ size=”8″ radius=”10″]SIGN ME UP![/su_button]
Here’s a list of the times that you’d be asked to assist:
|Event Setup||Friday 11th March 2022||10.00 – 14.00|
|Friday Registration||Friday 11th March 2022||18.00 – 21.00|
|Event Day||Saturday 12th March 2022||All-Day: 08:00 – 17:00
Morning: 08:00 – 13:00*
Afternoon: 12:00 – 17:00*
|Take-down||Saturday 12th March 2022||18.00 – 21.00|
*If you cannot commit to the whole day.
Harrow Leisure Centre,
Harrow, HA3 5BD
If you’d like to be a part of the Volunteer Team for The Warrior Open please register via the link below.
[su_button url=”https://nfltemd22jc.typeform.com/TWO22Volunteer” target=”blank” background=”#F64E40″ size=”8″ radius=”10″]LET’S GO!!![/su_button]